Friday, November 20, 2009

What a way to end the day

Ok, readers digest version with a little back-story

When my friend and I were in college we made up code-names for the guys we liked. I have never shaken it off for code-names are SO much easier to remember since they usually embody the personality or looks of any given person. For example, "Bounty Guy" looks like the guy on the Paper Towels (lumberjack). "California" the guy looks like a sufer. You get it.

Well, this is a story about "Keeper Guy". Yes. A keeper. How creative. Don't get on my case, my creative juices were tapped out and I know which guy is keeper guy and that's all that matters!!

Ahem, to the story at hand.

Well during the summer I was a camp counselor and we got to go behind the scenes in one of the exhibits. THat is where I first met 'keeper guy'. I noticed him but didn't think he'd noticed me with a gaggle of kids surrounding me. How could he?

A couple of weeks ago he came into Petco and I was all flustered but by the time he came to the register I was cool. Very cool. Until I found out he worked at Petco, too. A different Petco, of course, but that meant we had TWO things in common. Squee!! (sound of joy). This is how the conversation went.

Me: "Do you have a Pet Pal's card?" (that's our promotion card)
Keeper Guy: "Yeah, and I work at Petco."
Me: "Oh, you do? Don't you work at the zoo too? You look familiar."
KG: "Yeah. You do too, right? In the Education Department."
Me: (all smiles) "Yeah, I do! You gave us that tour in the Tropics Building"

Needless to say I was all giggles after he left with his friend.

Now to the day I met Ramon.
I had been there since 7am and it was close to 5 when I was finished and I was sitting at the bus stop. Yes, sitting. On the ground. My poor legs couldn't do much more than that. In the distance I see a guy walking towards the stop. All I could think was, "Oh please God, not now."
Guess who it was?

Yeah...keeper guy!!

I said "Hey" to him and he answered back. I asked him if he rode the bus and he said no, he gets a ride from a friend in a different department.
Oh, I said. Then in my mind, about five seconds later, I said Oooooooooooooh.

See? The day ended very well. We chit-chatted and stuff and now whenever I see him at the zoo he gets a special smile and we talk for a bit. Yay.

2 comments:

Sara Michele said...

[[ A couple of weeks ago he came into Petco and I was all flustered but by the time he came to the register I was cool.

Me: "Do you have a Pet Pal's card?" (that's our promotion card)
Keeper Guy: "Yeah, and I work at Petco." ]]

All the best romances start with a good pickup line. Smooth. :D

Unknown said...

I'm smooth...like chunky peanut butter.