Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Desk Warming

There is nothing warm about Desk Warming unless you count the cushion my body rests itself for hours at a time. I'm afraid to get up and move for fear of losing that heat.

Desk warming is this joy that a lot of EPIK teachers get to experience during the Winter holidays when the students are away. We still have to work the 22 hours so we show up, sit down, and count the hours until we can be free once again.

It wouldn't be so bad if the rooms were warm...but they are not. They are freezing. I have one heater by my legs and one that his taller to hit me full force in the back. I'm one of the lucky ones.

To get an idea as to how cold it is...the water in the western toilet froze in the bowl. Not completely but the first centimeter or two was solid ice--something I was not totally aware of until it was too late. Once again I'm forced to use a squatty. *sigh*

Other than the cold it is great getting caught up on all my lessons and having all the time in the world to brain storm new ideas for the next year. I still have no clue as to what I will be doing for free lessons...the lessons where I get to pick and choose what to teach. I'm sure I'll come up with something ^^

1 comment:

Jody O'Crash said...

One of the things I am truly grateful for at my job is NO DESK WARMING! And I have my own office that I, mostly, control the temperature myself. I say mostly because last year they turned the heat off mid-April, it snowed the day after they shut it off, and didn't turn it back on 'till mid November. Same thing with AC- Not until 2nd week of JULY! did we get AC. I bought a space heater and a fan..