Monday, August 30, 2010

Wee little update :)

I have a full week of lessons to look forward to and I'm ready for it. I have spent the entire day building lesson plans since apparently that is what I'm supposed to do this week. Oh well. The more time I spend here the less I have to spend during my free time.

This weekend we went to the East Sea. I have pictures but they are all on my home computer. I will load them when I get home.

One of the things I will have to get used to is this feeling of always being watched. Funny thing is, I am. It isn't because they think I'm doing suspicious things or up to no good...it's because I'm different. Oh well. Back to the sea:

The East Sea was beautiful and not too long of a drive away. I went with Ian, Sara, Heelak, and Katelyn. I dipped my toes in the water and that's about as far as I got. We then went to Pohang and i saw the fish market for the first time. I was literally surrounded by living fish caught in tanks and swimming around. I couldn't help but think they were trying to escape! I started to get a little upset and was trying to get a grip when my friend turned to me and pointed at some crabs on ice. She said, " See, isn't that more humane? They're on ice...so it's like they are sleeping." I lost it. I was very upset. Not at anyone...just upset. I think something on a smaller scale would have been preferable for my first time.
Oh well. A few tears over the lives of some nameless fish isn't too bad. I just needed some alone time. Some recovery time. Heelack went to visit his uncle and I stayed behind to cool down and reflect. Oh man, that was intense.

We made it home safely and now I'm at my school getting ahead. The faster I work the less I have to do in the future and perhaps the more time i have to tweek the lessons into perfection.

Yay!

No comments: